What do I collect and why?
- When you sign up to music lessons, I ask you to fill in a contract giving details of your name, address and other contact details (i.e. home phone, mobile phone, email address). The contract is an agreement between both parties and sets out the conditions of your music tuition.
- The data collected enables me to contact you to arrange future lessons and for any other matters regarding your music lessons with me (i.e. to discuss repertoire, exams, concerts etc.).
How will I contact you?
- When you sign up to music lessons, I will ask you to indicate by which means you consent to being contacted (i.e. email only) and I will only contact you using the methods you have specified.
For how long do I keep your personal data?
- If you sign up for music lessons, you consent to being contacted in relation to the types of communications you have indicated on your contract, until you notify me that you no longer wish to be contacted, after which time your personal data collected in relation to music lessons will be deleted.
Who do I share your personal data with?
Your personal data is protected as follows:
- I do not share your data with anyone other than myself and never send out ‘mass mailings’ with visible contact details.
- All data is held in hard copy in a locked filing cabinet and also on my personal computer. Data will be held on computer systems in the EU and United States all provided by companies that comply with GDPR legislation.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You have a right to know what personal data I have, and you are entitled to ask to be deleted from my mailing list or update your preferences at any time.
If you wish to update any personal data held by me, request deletion of personal data held by me or request a copy of the personal data I currently hold on you, please contact me via email at email@example.com
(Updated May 2018)